Saturday, October 18, 2008

getting ready for winter

Today we are working well. We have accomplished much so far.

Iggy has sprayed down the pool and pumped it out. We have disconnected the plumbing from the pool and put the hoses and other paraphernalia away in a sheltered location. Iggy has put the deteriorating thermal cover in the garbage.

Iggy and I put Reija's room back together and minimized the clutter in the commons.

Ephram and Iggy excavated a large space into which we planted 75 Apeldoorn tulips and 75 King Alfred daffodils.

Ephram cleared off the sunflowers.

I coiled the watering hoses and put them away.

I washed the wastebaskets. Ephram helped me with that job.

I spread winterizer fertilizer on the lawns. Now the rain and the leaves and the temperature can fall.

I also ironed eight shirts and picked up Phil and his three students at the airport.

Where is the food in this? After Ephram had gone to work, I rewarded Iggy and I with dinner out at India Fusion, which opened recently down the street in Jordan Landing.

No comments: