Today I made Rebekka's Plum and Ginger Crumble from her Reb Eat World blog. I found the proper plums at the farmers market in Murray. They aren't carried in my grocery store. The crumble is pretty good. I especially like the chewy bits of crystallized ginger mingled with the plums.
I have been cleaning Reija's room today so that it can be put back together. I took the movable part of each window out to clean both sides. Then I stood on a stool to clean the outside of the fixed half of each window. Those windows are cleaner than they have ever been. I think I might clean the rest of the downstairs windows that way. Except for the windows in Taina's room. Those windows have an extra pane, added on the inside, to make the room warmer, making it impossible to get to the windows proper. I hope to get Reija's room all finished tomorrow.
I have lots of tasks outlined for the morrow. The weather is supposed to be fine, so we will do some outside chores. In particular, I want to wash the wastebaskets and lay down the winterizing fertilizer on the lawns. We need to plant bulbs too. I bought 75 each of mixed daffodils and tulips. I also bought a bunch of bulbs from the high school marching band fund raiser, but they haven't been delivered yet. We will just have to plant those another day.
No comments:
Post a Comment